:: Alas, Babylon! :: Webcam of Prague
When the hour's late and fires low :: Remember back to long ago :: To an ancient age forever gone :: The glory of lost Babylon!
:: welcome to Alas, Babylon! :: bloghome | What does Alas, Babylon mean? click here | contact me at rob.mcc at gmail.com ::
Karlstejn Castle
[::..archive..::]
05.2003 06.2003 07.2003 08.2003 09.2003 01.2004 02.2004 03.2004 04.2004 05.2004 06.2004 07.2004 08.2004 09.2004 10.2004 11.2004 12.2004 02.2005 03.2005 04.2005 05.2005 06.2005 07.2005 08.2005 09.2005 10.2005 11.2005 01.2006 03.2006 04.2006 07.2006 08.2006 11.2006 06.2007 07.2007 08.2007
[::..my photoblog..::]
Rob in Sweden [>]
[::..my deviantART..::]
SargonX [>]
[::..my (old) website..::]
akkad, inc. [>]
[::..my travels..::]
:: where i've been [>]
[::..prague links..::]
:: prague weather & webcam [>]
:: prague map [>]
:: prague info [>]
:: prague post online [>]
:: expats.cz [>]
:: GLOSSA language school [>]
[::..blogs..::]
:: strawberry fields [>]
:: one.o.eight [>]
:: the pilgrim's prague-ress [>]
:: anne [>]
:: wwdn:ix [>]
:: my boring ass life [>]
:: jsdc [>]
:: shazzerspeak [>]
:: the erudite baboon [>]
:: pictures of things lying on the ground [>]
:: flight level 390 [>]
:: drink at work [>]
:: pocket full of words [>]
[::..web comics..::]
:: goats [>]
:: wigu [>]
:: overcompensating [>]
:: medium large [>]
:: the unfeasible adventures of beaver and steve [>]
:: neurotically yours::foamy the squirrel [>]
[::..trailers..::]
:: aeon flux [>]
:: clerks ii::the passion of the clerks [>]
:: underworld::evolution [>]
:: v for vendetta [>]
[::..movies..::]
:: aeon flux::now playing [>]
:: underworld::evolution::now playing [>]
:: v for vendetta::now playing::cz 2006.27.4 [>]
:: clerks ii::the passion of the clerks::2006.18.8 [>]
[::..books..::]
:: franz kafka::the castle [>]
:: jared diamond::collapse [>]
:: holly lisle::talyn [>]
:: talyn::sample chapters [>]
:: baen free library [>]
:: arthur conan doyle::the complete sherlock holmes [>]
[::..now playing..::]
:: battlestar galactica [>]
:: lost [>]
:: the o.c. [>]
[::..dvds..::]
:: battlestar galactica::season one [>]
:: serenity [>]
[::..guilty pleasures..::]
:: crown princess victoria of sweden [>]
:: adriana lima [>]
:: kate beckinsale [>]
:: keira knightley [>]
[::..links..::]
:: industrious [>]
:: timeline [>]
:: deviantART [>]
:: view askew [>]
:: monte cook [>]
:: the diamond throne [>]
:: the onion [>]
:: j-list [>]
:: spongmonkeys moon song [>]
:: my champion of the forge for arcana unearthed [>]
:: web sudoku [>]

:: Thursday, December 02, 2004 ::

Turn your head, now baby just spit me out

Happy December everyone! Today (or more accurately, yesterday) was quite the milestone for me. First, it marks two weeks until I come home for Christmas (or at least spend Christmas in the Frankfurt airport). It also marked the completion of my paper for my Comparative Social Policy class, entitled To Form a More Perfect Union: Recommendations for Improving Gender Equality in Sweden, after an all-day, all-night flurry of last-minute activity. Yes, a paper that I've known about for 4 weeks that I didn't start until the day before it was due. It's amazing that my time-management issues have allowed me to go as far as I have in life - of course, some might say that I haven't gone very far at all, but that's a whole 'nother can of worms* entirely.

Of interest, however (especially for anyone with knowledge of Swedish social policy), is the fact that I could even write a paper on gender equality improvements in what may be the most gender-equal country in the world. In fact, there were so many resources on it that I had no time to go into during my one whole day of research, that I'm once again thinking of changing my Master's thesis topic to explore this in greater detail. Who would have thought I'd be interested in gender equality? It's amazing the doors opened to you studying in a completely different field in a foreign country.

So yesterday was a day of rest and recovery from my paper-writing exertions. And even better (or perhaps worse), Swedish class this morning was canceled - which was good because I didn't have time to do my homework, or bad because my Swedish is still not to the level where I would like it to be.

But it's a busy two weeks coming up: we have our final Comparative Social Policy seminar on Friday, where we will discuss our papers (which I am reading today), before the new class The EU After Enlargement starts next week. I also have a paper due for my Nordic history class before I leave, a Swedish test (or two) somewhere in that time, not to mention no less than three Christmas parties: one for the Master's program, one for international students, and one for my history class. So even way over here Christmas is looking to be a busy time!

Enjoy the season, and I hope to see everyone if/when I make it home!

Swedish word of the day: idiot, which is what I am for waiting so long to start my damn paper!

* Who controls the worms, controls the spice; who controls the spice, controls the universe. Send me pepper and cilantro NOW!

:: posted by Rob 3:18 PM [+] ::

2 Comments:

I think I *have* worms. Does that count? -- O.o

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:58 PM  

You and your DUNE references. You are such a
nerd! Wait a sec...the fact that I get the
reference makes me one too!

Arthur

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

2 comments
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?